IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We have recently made changes to our Privacy Notice, which go into effect August 21st, 2020. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our updated disclosures.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information in connection with our services. This Privacy Notice is not a contract and does not create any legal rights or obligations.
Who We Are: BrightHire’s mission is to elevate the human elements of hiring by providing new visibility, data and analytics for hiring through solutions designed to, among other things, manage and streamline the recruiting process, including capturing, transcribing and making accessible hiring conversations. BrightHire, Inc. is headquartered in New York. When we use the terms “BrightHire”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this Privacy Notice, we are referring to BrightHire, Inc.
Our Services: When we use the term “services”, we are referring to all the products and services that we offer on our own behalf, including our product offerings and the websites and mobile applications that post or link to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice does not cover or address: services that we provide solely on behalf of a third party or personal information and privacy practices relating to our job applicants, employees and other personnel.
Personal Information: When we use the term “personal information” in this Privacy Notice, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a prospective, current or former customer of our services and their representatives (“you” or “your”). It does not include aggregated or deidentified information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual.
“Personal information” also does not include information we process solely on behalf of our customers, including personal information about individuals who communicate with our customers through our services. Data protection laws and privacy laws in certain jurisdictions, like California, the European Economic Area, and the United Kingdom, differentiate between “controllers” and “processors” or “businesses” and “service providers” of personal information. In general, a “controller” or “business” decides why and how to process personal information, while a “processor” or “service provider” solely processes personal information on behalf of the “controller” or “business.” With regard to information we process solely on behalf of our customers, we are acting solely as a “processor” or “service provider” under applicable law and this Privacy Notice does not apply. Please direct any questions about our customers’ privacy practices or how our customers may process information in connection with their use of our services to the relevant customer.
Our Collection of Personal Information
From the first moment you interact with us, we are collecting personal information about you. Sometimes we collect personal information automatically when you interact with our services and sometimes we collect the personal information directly from you. At times, we may collect personal information about you from other sources and third parties, even before our first direct interaction.
Personal Information You Provide
We collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our services:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, or phone number.
- Professional Information, such as the name of your employer, your title and business responsibilities.
- Account Information, such as account credentials, billing information, payment information and other information used to administer your account, include the services you have purchased or may be interested in.
- Event Information, such as event attendance, dietary restrictions and travel accommodations.
- Support Information, such as the content of requests or correspondence we may receive from you.
- Feedback Information, such as information shared with us to provide feedback on our services or to participate in an optional survey.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill your request or respond to your inquiry. We may provide additional privacy disclosures where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our online services, including:
- Log File Data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, date/time of visit, and pages visited.
- Analytics Data, including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Location Data, including your general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise location when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
Personal Information from Other Sources and Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Employers: We may receive certain information about you in connection with your employer’s interest in or use of our services. For example, your employer may provide us with your contact information and account information to allow us to set up an account for you.
- Social Media: If you choose to interact with us or otherwise post on social media, we may collect personal information you chose to make public or share directly with us. For example, if you choose to send us a question through social media, we may collect the personal information you provide and other personal information from your publicly available account to provide a response to your question.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement other personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with you.
- Publicly Available Information: We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources, such as government records or publicly available websites to supplement other personal information we collect.
- BrightHire Affiliates: We may receive personal information from our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control us, or that are under common ownership or control with us, regardless of whether these companies share our same name.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect to:
- To Provide Your Requested Services and to Contact You: BrightHire’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to facilitate and provide the services that you have selected to receive. For example, if you provide personal information to us through our website, we will use your personal information to respond to the request. BrightHire also uses personal information about you to contact you for marketing purposes, including telemarketing calls, and to send marketing emails that we believe may be of interest to you, such as product announcements, newsletters, educational materials, and details on upcoming events. We also use it to send administrative information, such as notices related to products, services, or policy changes.
- To Plan, Manage, and Facilitate Events: BrightHire may use your personal information for event planning and management, including registration, billing, and connecting with other event attendees, or to contact you further about relevant products and services.
- For Security, Legal Obligations, and Investigations: BrightHire may use your personal information to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potential security issues, as well as fraudulent or illegal activity. BrightHire may also use your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements or to protect our interest or the interest of other third parties.
- For Improvements to Our Services and Products: BrightHire uses the personal information collected to diagnose technical problems, as well as to understand how our websites and services are being used, and to make improvements. For example, we may use your comments to improve or help guide future enhancements to our products and services.
- To Personalize Your Experience: BrightHire may also use your personal information to personalize your experience on our websites and with our services. BrightHire and our advertising providers use website data collection technologies to display products or features that are tailored to your interests and to present advertising on other sites. For more information on these technologies see our Cookies Notice.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose personal information in the following ways:
- BrightHire Affiliates: We may share personal information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, including companies that we own or control, that own or control us, or that are under common ownership or control with us, regardless of whether these companies share our same name.
- Employers: In connection with your employer’s interest in or use of the services, we may share certain information about you with your employer. For example, we may let your employer know once your account with us has been set up.
- Data Analytics Providers: We share personal information with data analytics providers who analyze statistics and trends relating to the usage of and activity relating to our services. These data analytics providers produce reports and make suggestions for our business strategy based on the personal information and other information analyzed.
- Third-Party Integrations: In connection with providing our services, we may share your personal information with third parties that integrate with our service. For example, we may share your personal information with the third parties we use to record or transcribe conversations in connection with the services.
- Advertisers: We may share personal information with our third-party advertisers. Our advertisers may use your personal information to display advertisements to you through the services and on third-party websites.
- Service Providers: We may transfer your personal information to our service providers to conduct our business. For example, they may handle identity verification, payment processing, various IT services, data management, email distribution, and/or information analysis. We may also share your personal information to administer features of the services.
- Business Transaction or Reorganization: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Obligations and Rights: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Consent: We may disclose personal information about you to certain other third parties with your consent.
Our Retention of Personal Information
How long we retain your personal information depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we process the data. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. The personal information retained includes information collected when you interact with our services, collected directly from you, or obtained from other sources and third-party applications like video conferencing solutions or applicant tracking systems software.
Children’s Personal Information
Our services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use our services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Our websites and online services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, applications and other services. Except where we specify otherwise, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
609 Greenwich Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10014