IMPORTANT INFORMATION: We have recently made changes to our Privacy Notice, which go into effect October 19, 2021. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our updated disclosures.
BrightHire’s mission is to elevate the human elements of hiring by providing new visibility, data and analytics for hiring through solutions designed to, among other things, manage and streamline the recruiting process, including capturing, transcribing and making accessible hiring conversations.
This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process personal information of our business contacts, their employees and other representatives of our prospective and existing customers in connection with our websites and services (collectively, our “services”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to personal information about authorized users of our services and job applicants that we process on behalf of our customers. We process this information on behalf of recruiting platforms and companies, as instructed by them, in our capacity as a service provider/data processor.
Our website is designed for businesses and is not intended for personal or household use. Accordingly, we treat all personal information covered by this Privacy Notice, including details about site visitors, as pertaining to individuals acting as business representatives (rather than in their individual capacity).
We provide additional information for European residents below.
Our Collection of Personal Information
Personal Information You Provide
We collect the following personal information you provide in connection with our services:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, mailing address, or phone number.
- Professional Information, such as the name of your employer, your title and business responsibilities.
- Account Information, such as account credentials, billing information, payment information and other information used to administer your account, include the services you have purchased or may be interested in.
- Event Information, such as event attendance, dietary restrictions and travel accommodations.
- Support Information, such as the content of requests or correspondence we may receive from you.
- Feedback Information, such as information shared with us to provide feedback on our services or to participate in an optional survey.
If you choose to contact us, we may need additional information to fulfill your request or respond to your inquiry. We may provide additional privacy disclosures where the scope of the inquiry/request and/or personal information we require fall outside the scope of this Privacy Notice. In that case, the additional privacy disclosures will govern how we may process the information you provide at that time.
Personal Information Automatically Collected
As is true of most digital platforms, we collect certain personal information automatically when you visit our online services, including:
- Log File Data, including your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, browser id, date/time of visit, and pages visited.
- Analytics Data, including the electronic path you take to our services, through our services and when exiting our services, as well as your usage and activity on our services, such as the links and objects you view, click or otherwise interact with (also known as “Clickstream Data”).
- Location Data, including your general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise location when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
Personal Information from Other Sources and Third Parties
We also obtain personal information from other sources, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from you.
We receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following sources and third parties:
- Employers: We may receive certain information about you in connection with your employer’s interest in or use of our services. For example, your employer may provide us with your contact information and account information to allow us to set up an account for you.
- Social Media: If you choose to interact with us or otherwise post on social media, we may collect personal information you chose to make public or share directly with us. For example, if you choose to send us a question through social media, we may collect the personal information you provide and other personal information from your publicly available account to provide a response to your question.
- Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement other personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with you.
- Publicly Available Information: We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources, such as government records or publicly available websites to supplement other personal information we collect.
Our Use of Personal Information
We use personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- Service Delivery: BrightHire’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to facilitate and provide the services that you have selected to receive. For example, if you provide personal information to us through our website, we will use your personal information to respond to the request.
- Marketing and advertising: We may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, including:
- Direct Marketing: BrightHire also uses personal information about you to contact you for marketing purposes, including telemarketing calls, and to send marketing emails that we believe may be of interest to you, such as product announcements, newsletters, educational materials, and details on upcoming events.
- Interest-based advertising: BrightHire may also use your personal information to personalize your experience on our websites and with our services. BrightHire and our advertising providers use website data collection technologies to display products or features that are tailored to your interests and to present advertising on other sites. For more information on these technologies see our Cookie Notice.
- To Plan, Manage, and Facilitate Events: BrightHire may use your personal information for event planning and management, including registration, billing, and connecting with other event attendees, or to contact you further about relevant products and services.
- Compliance and Protection: BrightHire may use your personal information to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate potential security issues, as well as fraudulent or illegal activity. BrightHire may also use your personal information to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements or to protect our interest or the interest of other third parties.
- Research and Development: BrightHire uses the personal information collected to diagnose technical problems, as well as to understand how our websites and services are being used, and to make improvements. For example, we may use your comments to improve or help guide future enhancements to our products and services. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the services, and promote our business.
Our Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with the following parties and as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice or at the time of collection:
- Data Analytics Providers: We share personal information with data analytics providers who analyze statistics and trends relating to the usage of and activity relating to our services. These data analytics providers produce reports and make suggestions for our business strategy based on the personal information and other information analyzed.
- Third-Party Integrations: In connection with providing our services, we may share your personal information with third parties that integrate with our service. For example, we may share your personal information with the third parties we use to record or transcribe conversations in connection with the services.
- Advertisers: We may share personal information with our third-party advertisers. Our advertisers may use your personal information to display advertisements to you through the services and on third-party websites.
Service Providers: We may transfer your personal information to our service providers to conduct our business. For example, they may handle identity verification, payment processing, various IT services, data management, email distribution, and/or information analysis. We may also share your personal information to administer features of the services.
- Business Transferees: We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- Legal Authorities and Others: We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as legal advisors and law enforcement:
- in connection with the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process;
- to detect, suppress, or prevent fraud;
- to reduce credit risk and collect debts owed to us;
- to protect the health and safety of us, our customers, or any person; or
as otherwise required by applicable law.
Children’s Personal Information
Our services are not directed to, and we do not intend to, or knowingly, collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use our services or otherwise provide us with any personal information either directly or by other means. If a child under the age of 16 has provided personal information to us, we encourage the child’s parent or guardian to contact us to request that we remove the personal information from our systems. If we learn that any personal information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete that personal information.
Our websites and online services may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, applications and other services. Except where we specify otherwise, this Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any personal information practices of third-party websites and online services or the practices of other third parties. To learn about the personal information practices of third parties, please visit their respective privacy notices.
Notice to European Residents
Controller. BrightHire is the controller of your personal information covered by this Privacy Notice for purposes of European data protection legislation. This Notice to European Residents does not apply to authorized users provisioned by our customers or job applicants – BrightHire is a processor/service provider with respect to the personal information of those users.
Legal basis for processing. We use your personal information only as permitted by law. Our legal bases for processing the personal information described in this Privacy Notice are described in the table below.
GDPR Legal Basis
Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of our services or to take steps that you request prior to signing up for the service. If we have not entered into a contract with you, we process your personal information based on our legitimate interest in providing the services you access and request.
These activities constitute our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal information for these activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Sensitive personal information. We ask you not to provide any sensitive personal information. If you choose to provide us with any sensitive personal information, we will process it as “personal information” in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Your rights. Data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located in Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email or our postal address provided above.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Processing of personal information in the United States. To provide our services we will process your personal information in the United States for the purposes we have set out in this Privacy Notice. If such processing involves the transfer of personal information to the United States in a manner governed by European data protection law, the transfer will be performed pursuant to the applicable requirements of the law, such as standard contractual clauses, the individual’s consent, or in other circumstances permitted by European data protection law.
Data retention. We retain personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish or defend legal claims, or for fraud prevention purposes. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Updates to This Privacy Notice
We will update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of this Privacy Notice. If we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on this website or our online services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Privacy Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to email@example.com.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
609 Greenwich Street, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10014